We are currently recruiting interpreters for French, Cantonese, Arabic, Somali, Thai, Hungarian, Greek and Cambodian
If you want to apply to work as a Community Interpreter (legal, healthcare, social services, education and private sector) you will need to fulfil the following criteria:
- OCCI Accredited Community Interpreter (ACI) Credential an asset (it will be mandatory in the future, this is the accreditation we support and promote).
- College Certificate or University degree in one of your language combinations.
- Language interpreting test ILSAT/CILISAT.
- Interpreting Training – minimum 100 hours core training. Language Interpreting Training Program LITP (180 hours) preferred.
- 5 years of part time or 3 years full time documented experience. Please include total number of hours per year and your specialization.
- References for interpretation work.
- Participation in professional development activities.
- Aptitude for interpreting.
- For those working in the healthcare sector, an additional Medical Terminology training is required.
- Membership with the Association of Professional Language Interpreters APLI an asset
Interpreters with other language combinations may submit their resume to be kept on file, they will not be called for an interview right away.